I love the black bean burgers from Costco, and these tasted almost like them, but healthier because they were homemade and less sodium!
Let me know if you had better luck than me!
What you'll need:
- 1 can (19 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups diced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup plain rolled oats
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 6 100% whole-grain buns
- 6 Tbsp spicy mustard
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach
1. Preheat grill to medium. Place half the beans in a food processor or blender along with mushrooms, oats, garlic, egg, cumin, and pepper. Process until well mixed. Add remaining beans and pulse the machine until they're combined into the mixture. Form into 6 patties and coat each with vegetable oil.
2. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until browned. Toast buns for 2 minutes. Serve bean burgers on toasted buns and top with mustard, tomato, and spinach.
Makes 6 servings. Per serving: 283 cal, 6 g fat (1 g sat), 45 g carbs, 10 g fiber, 300 mg sodium, 13 g protein