Serves: 6 (We are a little family of 3 so I still used 2lbs of ground chicken but we had 2 leftover so we just froze them!)
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 6 pineapple rings
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Combine the ground chicken, soy sauce, 1/2 the paprika, 1/2 the chili powder, seasoning salt, cumin, and garlic. Lightly mix with your hands and divide into 6 even balls.
- Form patties, making them slightly thinner in the middle and sprinkle with remaining paprika and chili powder. Refrigerate about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Coat grates lightly with oil. Grill burgers over medium heat about 6 minutes per side. The burgers should flip easily when they are ready to turn, if they want to stick, give them another minute.
- Top with cheese for the last 1-2 minutes of cooking time to melt. Remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to rest. Grill buns if desired.
- For the pineapple, if you are using rings, grill directly on the grates over medium heat. Carefully turn after 1-2 minutes. If you are using pineapple slices or chunks, thread onto skewers and grill skewers in the same fashion. Assemble burgers and enjoy.