- 1 1/4 lb ground chicken breast
- 2 oz fresh baby spinach(or frozen, thawed and drained)
- 1/2 small caramelized onion
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 stalks green onion
- 1 TB fresh parsley leaves
- 3 oz shredded aged white cheddar
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- 1/4-1/2 cup bread crumbs
1. Wilt your baby spinach by pouring boiling water over it while in a colander in the sink(or thaw and drain your frozen spinach) DRAIN WELL, squeeze if you need too.
2. In a food processor, place onion, green onion, garlic, parsley and wilted spinach in and pulse until it is fairly fine but do NOT puree (Remember my problem before with the black bean oat burgers!!)
3. Combine with chicken and remaining ingredients, adding enough bread crumbs to make it stick together but not to your hands.
4. Form into patties and place on foil on baking sheet
5. Cover loosely with plastic and refrigerate for at least an hour
6. Remove from fridge and broil for 7-9 minutes on each side, until the meat reaches 165
Serve and enjoy! I didn't put any mustard or ketchup on these bugers because they already have so much flavor, I added a little bit of mayo to give the bun some love, but that's it! YUM!