Serves 6-8 people
*We just used 2 whole bell peppers (2 halves for each of us) and like I said, we had a ton of the meat mixture leftover, but it makes great tacos!! Or just eat it plain! :)
What you need:
- 1lb ground chicken (or ground turkey)
- 4 bell peppers (we prefer red)
- 8 slices cheese (we used Swiss)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 C brown rice
- 1/2 chopped yellow onion
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp seasoning salt (Chef Essence)
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
**We were very adventurous with our seasonings and actually just chose random seasonings from our pantry! Almost anything would work!
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400. While heating, cook brown rice.
- Slice bell peppers in half, making sure to remove the stem, seeds, and insides.
- Chop up onion and saute on heated oiled pan until golden brown.
- Mix in ground chicken and cook thoroughly until brown. Add seasonings.
- In separate large bowl, combine ground chicken, rice, and diced tomatoes; mix well.
- Scoop mixture into the halves of the peppers.
- Bake for 30 minutes. In the last 2 minutes, add sliced cheese!