Yield: 4 servings
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly beat the egg in a medium bowl; set aside. Mix the coconut, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Working with one chicken breast at a time, dip the chicken in the bowl with the beaten egg and then coat with the coconut mixture. Place on the baking sheet. Once all chicken breasts are coated and on the baking sheet, evenly drizzle with the melted butter. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, flipping once halfway.
- To prepare the apricot sauce, mix the apricot preserves and the Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
*Serve with rice