I wanted to make something special for my parents because I was celebrating our "two year anniversary living together"! I wanted something different than a typical chicken dish. This was a super good dish and so much flavor!!! I would definitely make it again and my parents absolutely loved it. I served it with a side of sautéed green beans and onions.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 bottle of Garlic and Herb marinade (I used Lawreys)
- 1 while tomato, sliced
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Handful of fresh basil
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 slices turkey bacon
- Slice chicken breasts length wise (horizontally) without slicing them completely in half.
- Open the chicken breasts and place them with the marinade in large ziplock bag. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500 F
- Place open chicken breasts on broiler pan. First place basil leaves, then sliced tomato, then 1 slice of cheese and fold over top half of chicken.
- Wrap 2 slices of turkey bacon around chicken, use toothpick to fasten.
- Cook in oven for 15 minutes then turn pan and cook another 15!
- Sprinkle with parmasean cheese and bake another 2 minutes to melt it.