- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 T white wine (cooking, or a dry wine preferred)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. parsley
- 1/4 C Parmesan cheese
- 1 C brown rice, uncooked
- 1 1/4 C chicken broth
- 2 C broccoli (or other veggies of your choice)
- Lightly spray the bottom and sides of your slow cooker with cooking spray. Then, place the rice along the bottom of the insert.
- Pour the 1 1/4 C chicken broth carefully over the rice. Top the rice with chicken breasts.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 tsp. olive oil, 4 T white wine, 1/4 tsp. salt, 4 garlic cloves minced, 1 tsp. basil and 1/2 tsp. parsley.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken & rice.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Steam your veggies and then serve them along with the chicken and rice mixture. Top with Parmesan cheese.