- 12 oz ground turkey
- 1/2 C chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 C chicken broth (may need a little more if turkey begins to soak it up)
- 1 can black beans (low sodium)
- Taco seasoning (about 1/4 C)
- Sour Cream (we use fat free)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Saute onion in chicken broth for about 5 minutes (or until onion is golden brown and broth is simmering) And in the mean time, put the black beans on the stove at low temperature and cut up your lettuce!
- Add in ground turkey. Mix it up so it's shredded into pieces.
- Add in taco seasoning (I really don't know how much she uses...she just eyeballs it...but she thinks she uses about 3-4 tbs) I know that's a lot of sodium...but shh we got low sodium black beans!!
- Let simmer for about 10-12 minutes until turkey has fully cooked (you will notice a change in color)
- Let sit for 5 minutes to soak up all the juices
- Remove from stove, add ground turkey to salad bowl (make sure the lettuce is in the bowl already!) and then top with black beans, sour cream, salsa, etc.!
ENJOY!!!! ....and thanks Mom :) Missing Taco Tuesday's with you!