If you can make these and get a picture like this one, I will switch out this picture and use yours! Good luck!
Makes approximately 4 dozen truffles
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. (1 lb. 2 oz.) Oreos (You can also use a generic version to save a little cash; I've tried a few varieties, and they work just as well.)
- 2 pkg. (8 squares each) Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted (
1. Set aside 5 Oreos and throw the rest in a food processor until they are finely crumbled
2. Thoroughly mix cookie crumbs with cream cheese.
3. Form crumb-and-cream-cheese mixture into balls, approximately 1-inch across each (but don't worry too much about being exact here. They will come out delicious no matter the size!) and place onto a cookie sheet that has previously been lined with wax paper.
4. For best results, pop the formed mixture into the fridge for at least 15 minutes to chill while you complete the next step. If you really don't have the time, the truffles will still taste delicious (so don't worry!), but they will be more difficult to handle and some of the coating with mix with the filling.
5. Melt the chocolate. (I don't recommend microwave. Use a double broiler if you can. Or do what my mom and I do--we boil hot water on the stove and put a glass bowl on top of the pot and throw the chocolate chunks into the bowl and it melts!)
6. Remove pot from heat.
7. Coat previously formed balls with chocolate and return to the lined cookie sheet.
8. Throw the remaining 5 cookies into the food processor.
9. Sprinkle some of those crumbs on top of the (still wet) truffles. (I didn't do this part because my chocolate was already dry)
10. Refrigerate for one hour.