What you need:
Chocolate Pudding (2 large boxes)
Cool Whip (large container)
Heath Candy Bars (4 regular sized bars)
1. Prepare brownies according to directions on box. Any box or recipe will work, I usually bake mine in a 11″x 17″ jelly roll pan so that they bake nice and thin and get even a little crispy. For this recipe you want them fully cooked, or even slightly over-baked. Once you layer all the other ingredients it will get mushy fast if your brownies are already soft and gooey.
2. Once the brownies are baked and cooled, cut up into small, bite-sized pieces.
3. Prepare (instant) chocolate pudding according to directions. There should be two (large) boxes of pudding in the photo. If you want to fill a trifle dish you’ll need two (large) boxes.
4. Crush the Heath candy bars into small, bite-sized pieces.
5. Now you’re ready to layer…
Spoon about a third of your pudding into a trifle dish.
Add a layer of brownie pieces.
Sprinkle around some of the crushed Heath.
Drizzle on some caramel sauce.
Top with about half of the cool whip.
Keep in the refrigerator until just ready to serve. This should not be assembled more than about an hour or two before it will be served, or the brownies and candy will get too soft, and it will just be one big bowl of mush (still yummy, but not quite as nice to eat).