I made this dish to celebrate my boyfriend's new job! (Hence the yummy bottle of Justin Cab Sauv in the back)! This is a really simple dish, but people will think it took you a lot of time and effort to make because it's full of flavor and color!
What you need:
What to do:
1. First boil a pot of water for the pasta, and one separate for the broccoli.
2. In the mean time, heat large skillet with olive oil. Once heated, add in shrimp, garlic, and white wine.
3. Let this cook on LOW for about 10-12 minutes (or until shrimp becomes pink).
4. Add pasta and broccoli to water and let cook.
5. Add in cut up tomatoes and more garlic (if you would like) into the frying pan.
6. Sautee all ingredients together. Once the pasta and broccoli are done, drain.
7. Pour the shrimp and garlic mixture over pasta. Sprinkle red bell pepper flakes (less is more!) and salt & pepper. Add broccoli and serve!
Pasta. Need I say more?
Maybe it's because I'm Italian, or maybe it's because I love carbs...but pasta is by far my favorite dish. When I was in the depths of my eating disorder, I used to fear every type of pasta. I would not allow myself to eat it. Now, I could eat pasta and Italian food every single day for the rest of my life. Enough said.